New Year Open Day
We will be open on Sunday 3rd January for MH&G Season Pass holders only.
Welcome in the New Year with a crisp walk around our gardens and grounds accompanied by a complimentary take-away tea or coffee. This open day is exclusively for Middleton Hall & Gardens Season Pass holders. Our Gardener, Wil Goodridge will be giving short talks throughout the day about our development plans for the gardens in 2021. A steward will be in the Hall (or outside of the Hall, if we are unable to open it!) to tell you all about the history of our estate and the people who have made it their home over the centuries.
The nature trail is partially open, but unfortunately you cannot walk the whole way around the lake at the moment due to ongoing maintenance work and Health & Safety risks.
We hope to be able to open the Hall too, but this is dependant on restrictions in place at the time of opening.
Garden short talks in the Walled Garden: 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm.
Sunday 3rd January, 11am-4pm
Free for Season Pass Holders, but you must still book your visit online. If you turn up on the day without having booked in advance, you will be sadly turned away. Book here.
Season Pass holders can bring their children or grandchildren with them free of charge, but please ensure you also book them a ticket.
Find out more about becoming a Season Pass holder here.
Please note that our office will be closed from 18th December and re-opens on 2nd January.
- In the winter our gardens and grounds are likely to be wet and muddy. Please wear sensible footwear and take care.
- There is lots of open water on our site. Please take care around these areas and ensure that children are supervised at all times.
- Dogs are allowed in the gardens and grounds. Only assistance dogs are allowed in the Hall buildings.
- You will need to wear a mask on arrival as the visitor check-in point is inside.
- If we are allowed to open the Hall, all visitors, except those who are medically exempt or under the age of 11, must wear a mask indoors.
- We cap our visitor numbers daily so there will always be enough open space for everyone. Please be respectful of your fellow visitors by maintaining a safe distance.