Opening times & prices
Visiting the Hall & Gardens
We are open every Wednesday – Sunday 11am – 4pm.
Entrance to the Hall & Gardens will be by pre-booked online ticket entry only and the number of visitors will be capped daily. No tickets will be available to purchase at the visitor entrance point. Tickets will be released every Wednesday for the following week.
Visitors will also have to select an arrival time slot when booking which will help ease the number of people arriving at any one time.
The Hall buildings will not be open, but we are bringing more of our historical interpretation outside for you to enjoy.
The Gardens and Grounds will be open as normal with one-way systems and passing places along some pathways.
Our single accessible toilet is open to all visitors with tickets for the Hall & Gardens.
Our Admission Prices can be found at the bottom of this page.
Visitors are welcome to bring along their own picnic or you can order food from Bake 180 in advance and have it delivered to our visitor entrance point. We have lots of socially distanced picnic benches dotted around our Gardens.
Dogs on a lead are welcome in the Gardens and Grounds.
Visiting The Courtyard at Middleton Hall
Our Courtyard shops are excited to re-open and we have put social distancing measures in place for your safety and ours. The Courtyard shops are open Wednesday – Sunday 10am – 4pm. The Coffee Shop is open 7 days a week, 9:30am-4:30pm.
Our car park is locked at 5pm.
- There will be a one-way system through The Courtyard which visitors must adhere to at all times.
- Bake 180 Coffee Shop will be takeaway only.
- We have allocated a queuing point for the coffee shop. Please do not join the queue if it has gone past the allocated point.
- Each individual shop will have social distancing measures in place in their shop. Please follow the signage.
- Benches have been moved to 2m apart and visitors will be asked to wipe over the benches after use using the cleaning materials provided. Only one household group on a bench at a time.
- Our shop owners are committed to maintaining a high level of hygiene within their units and will follow social distancing at all times.
- The Courtyard toilets will not be open. Our toilets cannot be adapted to enable social distancing at the current guidelines and we are working hard to provide alternatives but as of yet have no date when this might be. Until then, there will no toilet facilities available to visitors to The Courtyard.
Visiting Middleton Lakes RSPB Reserve
Find out more about Middleton Lakes RSPB Reserve here.
ADMISSION PRICES* FOR 2020
Standard Adult £6.00
Gift Aid Adult £6.60
Under 16s Free
Holders of ‘Friends of Middleton Hall’ Season Pass cards Free
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid^ — an extra 25 per cent — potentially a very significant boost to our funds.
An extra 50p paid under the scheme is worth over £2.00 to us as shown below: Payment of the additional percentage donation is entirely voluntary, so if you prefer to pay the standard admission that is perfectly fine with us too.
|Amount paid by visitor||Tax refund from Government||Total received by Middleton Hall Trust|
|Gift Aid admission||£6.60||£1.65||£8.25|
^ If you are UK taxpayer
Money raised from this scheme goes towards vital conservation and restoration projects.
*Please see our Upcoming Events page for details as admission prices on special event days do vary.